A process-based performance of poetry, dance, and music improvisation.
Artists: Paula Guzzanti (dance artist), Olive Broderick (poet), Martin Devek (composer)
(Duration: 45 minutes)
Knowing the Dance is a process-based performance exploring how dance and poetry can inhabit a shared creative space while honouring the individual practices of dance improvisation, poetry composition, with music improvisation contributing to this relationship. The performance was made of a three dance-poem sequence: Intertwine, Noose, and Weight/Dissolve.
- Brian Friel Theatre, Queen’s University Belfast, 17th November 2017.
- Down Arts Centre, Downpatrick, 7th September 2017.
- Work-in-progress sharing Dance House, Dublin, August 2017.
- Performance presentation of Knowing the Dance, Evolving Fields Conference, Queen’s University Belfast, June 2017.
- Noose, The Complex, Dublin, 31st October 2016.